Monday, August 17, 2009

Blanket / Pointing / Words / Kissing / Shadow

In the last couple of days, we noticed that Ashley loves her blanket. Every time she sees her blanket her face lights up and she starts to smile. The very first second she sees her blanket, she automatically sucks her thumb even before we give her the blanket. It doesn't have to be her blanket, any kind of blanket we give her, she sucks her thumb right away.

Of course Mommy and Daddy seize to this opportunity. Every time she doesn't want to drink her milk, we bring out her blanket, she sucks her thumb and we put in the bottle. It works so far!

Knock, knock, knock ... on the wood thousands of times!!!!


----------------------------------

Ashley loves to point at everything nowadays. She points to Mommy or Daddy every time we come in; she points to the lights; she points to the birds/flies/airplanes that go by; she points to herself in the mirror; she points to any person she sees; she points to her toys or anything she wants. If she points to something and we give her the wrong item, she complains and points again until we give her the correct item.


----------------------------------

Ashley starts to understand words and associates words with the correct subjects/actions although she can't speak yet.

Every time I say, "Ashley, pai pai shou." Chinese for "Clap your hands", she smiles, claps her hands and giggles.

If I ask her, "Ashley, qiu qiu zai na li?" Chinese for "where is the ball?" She would look around in the room and fetch the ball.

One of her toys has two doors, one has a cat behind and one has a dog behind. So if I ask, "Mao Mao zai na li?" (Where is the cat?) or "Gou Gou zai na li? (Where is the dog?) Ashley crawls over to her toy, flips the doors open.

Why can I say? She's so smart! :-) And Daddy is also picking up Chinese at the same time! What a deal!


----------------------------------

I think Ashley understands kiss and sort of knows to kiss. If I lay down on the floor and ask, "Ashley, can you give Mommy a kiss?" She would crawl over, puts her entire face on mine, sticks out her tongue and licks me on my mouth and gives Mommy a big wet kiss!

It's so sweet and cute!


----------------------------------

I'm not sure if Ashley understands the concept of shadow or not. But yesterday while sitting at the backseat with her in the car, my shadow reflected on the seat right in front of her. So she kept on pointing to the shadow and kept on babbling trying to get my attention. I looked at the shadow, nodded my head, and said, "Yes, shadow!" She stopped babbling as if she knew what was going on and then pointed to the shadow again until I repeated, "Shadow."

Need I say again, she's a genius! :-) ;-) ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Indeed she is very smart!

    It is such sweet and lovely stage!

    ReplyDelete