Friday, June 19, 2009

First Tooth

During Ashley's 9th month checkup, I mentioned to the doctor that Ashley still didn't have any tooth yet. The doctor said to us that it's normal as long as she has 4 teeth by her first 14 months.

"The later the teeth come, the better they are." She comforted me.

Ever since then, every now and then I would check her month, but still there was no sign of any tooth.

Today when I walked in to the house, I asked how Ashley did today. The nanny replied, "She is very good today. She drunk 22 oz of milk already."

"Really??!!! That's great!!!" (Yeah, I know, I know, we have low expectation when it comes to how much Ashley drinks.)

"WOW, Ashley, you're such a good girl!!!" I picked her up and started giving her kisses.

"Well, I have another good news."

"Oh??"

"Ashley got her first tooth!"

"REALLY????!!!" I was pleasantly surprised! I thought she was going to tell me something completely different.

"Ashley, let Mommy look. Where is your tooth?"

I was trying to open Ashley's mouth. Of course she didn't want to cooperate. Finally I was able to ran my finger across her lower gum. Oh yeah, here it goes, I felt it! Ashley finally got her long waited first tooth!

And today Ashley is 9 months and 19 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment