Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Babies Always Know who Their Parents Are

Ashley's pediatrician once told us that babies always know who their parents are. She told the story about how close her nanny and her kids were that her kids called their nanny "Nanny Mommy". Then she said, "that's OK with me because it shows that the nanny was nice to my kids, and my kids loved their nanny and the nanny loved my kids. And besides, babies always know who their parents are."

While Daddy was away for 3 weeks, Ashley showed the sign of stranger anxiety and I was wondering if Ashley still remembers and recognizes Daddy or she might feel uncomfortable when she sees Daddy and thinks Daddy is a stranger. So when Daddy got home from his trip, he picked up Ashley after her nap. Ashley seemed fine seeing Daddy although she hadn't seen him for 3 weeks. She then smiled at Daddy, she knows who Daddy is, and Daddy is all melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment