Thursday, May 7, 2009

iPod Shuffle

Ok, this is a true story, I'm not doing commercial for Apple.

Since AJ works for Apple, for some reasons, I sort of become the Apple AE/customer support/salesperson/spokeperson here at work. I get all sorts of questions and requests from my coworkers and friends:

"hey, my friend's friend's iPod touch doesn't work, do you know why? or if your husband knows why? If not, can he find out why?"
"no, I don't know why, Andrew probably doesn't know why. Why don't you guys call Apple customer service?"

"hey, my nephew's iPod won't sync to his library, what's wrong?"
"hmmm, I don't know. Are you sure he's using the same computer to sync?"

"hey, Do you know how to unlock the iphone?"
"why don't you search the web?"

"hey, the battery on my iPod doesn't work, do you know how to fix it?"
"no, I don't. Why don't you call Apple?"

"hey, Katherine, I bought a fake iphone on line!"
"Oh really? What does it call? OrangePhone?" (It's going to break soon!!)

"hey, my husband/wife/friends/kids/parents/pets/etc/etc wants to buy an iPod/iphone/macbook/etc/etc, can I get a discount from your husband?"
"sure". (hehehe, anything helps Apple sell its products, I'm glad to help.)

This morning, my coworker, SC, ran into my office with excitement and cheers,

"hey, Katherine, iPod Shuffle is amazing!"

Oh no, it sounds fishy, this must be something bad. "what happened?" I asked cautiously.

"The other day, I forgot to take off the shuffle from my shirt, and I accidentally put it in the washer and washed it. When I took it out, it doesn't work anymore. I tried it several times and it still doesn't work, so I just left it somewhere on my table."

"well, not a good idea to wash electronics, especially in the washer." I defended Apple (of course).

"no, no, no, I was about to throw it away last night, but then I thought, why not give it another try. So I charged the shuffle, and it works! It works! it works! I can't believe it."

"me neither!" I agreed right away (with relief).

"Apple has great products, it's definitely worth the money!" SC is still going about how unbelievable it is.

"of course!"

What can I say? Good product speaks for itself. There is a reason why people like brand name. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment